Vice President of Software Development, IT
Design, produce and implement software solutions on .NET platform in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Design innovative solutions to real market problems. Work closely with Development Leads, product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. Provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning. Under management guidance, can assist with the recruiting and hiring process for technical talent.
- Work collaboratively with IT Development team on software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development lifecycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.).
- Technology Oversight: Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
- Evangelism of architectural vision, strategy, and principles
- Involvement in architectural alignment implementation efforts
- High-level technical consultation and developer mentoring
- Plan and implement the technical Enterprise Architecture, including both short and long term strategies for retiring certain legacy systems, integrating existing systems and new systems implementation recommendations
- Utilizes and evangelizes best of breed programming techniques including design patterns, re-usable and modular development, and contribute to SOA governance Assist as needed in identifying IT standards and policies and ensures that they are followed and enforced
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
- Provides input in hiring, terminating, disciplining, promoting, demoting, transfers or appraising of employees
- Creation and delivery of detailed technical presentations
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications
- 5 total years’ experience in software design and implementation in distributed, multi-tier, heterogeneous client systems using structured, object-oriented languages
- 5+ years’ experience with object-oriented design and implementation with expert knowledge of OO languages (C#), distributed systems, web services, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of C# and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Proven experience developing with Sitecore CMS or similar CMS platforms
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diagrammatic skills
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment; Experience working with Agile project methodologies
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Sitecore Developer Certification preferred
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.