VP of Software Development
Edvisors is a College Loan Corporation company and is 100% owned by its dedicated employees through the employee stock ownership plan. College Loan Corporation, headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada is a top 10 student loan company, with $18 billion in consumer assets originated. By offering innovative loan products and first-class customer service, the Company has helped 900,000 families achieve their higher education goals. CLC has won multiple awards, including the BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and the American Business Award for excellence in Customer Service.
Recognizing that our employees are the key to our success, Edvisors is dedicated to being a great place to work. Edvisors believes in providing a fulfilling workplace environment. We offer excellent employee benefits, paid time off, employee ownership, and a healthy work-life balance. We run a professional and fun office environment.
As a Sitecore Developer, you will design, produce and implement software solutions on .NET platform, utilizing Sitecore technology, in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Design innovative solutions to real market problems. Work closely with a team of business analysts, web and database developers and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. Provide technical guidance and consulting across the organization.
- Work collaboratively with Development team on software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development lifecycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.)
- Develop applications and websites that support business strategy and requirements, emphasizing on quality, performance, scalability, security and maintainability
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
- Plan and assist development team with technical Enterprise Architecture, including both short and long term strategies for retiring certain legacy systems, integrating existing systems and new systems implementation recommendations
- Assist as needed in identifying IT standards and policies and ensures that they are followed and enforce
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
- Follow team process by entering and tracking implementation information including work items and tasks in Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Creation and delivery of detailed technical presentations to IT peers, business stakeholders, and management as needed
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Sitecore CMS implementation and development
- 8+ total years’ experience in software design and implementation in distributed, multi- tier, heterogeneous client systems using structured, object-oriented languages.
- Minimum 6 years full-time software development experience in an enterprise environment
- 8+ years’ experience with object-oriented design and implementation with expert knowledge of OO languages (C#), distributed systems, web services, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of C# and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience in source control systems like TFS, GIT
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diagrammatic skills
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus>
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Sitecore Certified Professional Developer